The human microbiome (gut bacteria) is established at birth and throughout the first few years of life. It is now recognised that establishing a robust and balanced gut microbiome is vital to support health. By three years of age, the composition of the microbiome is fixed for life and founding a healthy balanced microbiome as soon after birth as possible is critical in supporting the development of healthy immune and digestive function.
This foundation is influenced during pregnancy, childbirth and breast feeding and is also affected by factors such as type of birth (caesarean section or vaginal), medication (particularly antibiotics), diet and our modern sterile, bacteria-free living conditions.
Developed specifically for breast fed babies
ProVen Probiotics for Breast Fed Babies has been developed specifically for breast fed babies from newborn to around 3 years of age to help support the development of the microbiome. It contains the Lab4B group of four types of good bacteria, which naturally form part of the microflora population of infants.
Lab4B contains two strains of Bifidobacteria and two strains of Lactobacillus for babies – Bifidobacterium bifidum, Bifdobacterium animalis subsp. lactis, Lactobacillus salivarius and Lactobacillus paracasei. The Lab4B friendly bacteria were used in the Swansea Baby Study of 454 mother and baby pairs carried out over five years.
There are two ProVen Probiotics for babies – one for breast feeding and one for formula feeding. The only difference between the two products is that ProVen Probiotics for Formula Fed Babies contains prebiotic fibre, galactooligosaccharides (GOS), derived from the lactose in milk and naturally present in breast milk, and fructooligosaccharides (FOS), derived from fruit and vegetables.
Key features :
- 10 billion Lab4B friendly bacteria per serving as used in the Swansea Baby Study
- For breast fed babies from birth
- Natural and safe bacterial strains
- Powder for digestive and immune support
- Powder with scoop
- Proven to be safe for newborn babies
How To Use :
As a food supplement using the scoop provided, add 2 level scoops per day to expressed breast milk and shake well. Do not add to hot water.
Or apply the powder directly into the baby’s mouth by applying to a clean finger and letting the baby suck. Continue until 2 level scoopfuls have been consumed.
Main Ingredients :
Potato Maltodextrin, Microorganisms (Lactobacillus salivarius CUL 61, Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. Latis CUL34, Bifidobacterium bifidum CUL20, Lactobacillus paracasei CUL 08)
Product Specifications: 30 Day Supply (6g)
Place of Origin: UK
Pro-Ven Probiotics, Port Talbot SA12 7BZ, UK
Storage : Avoid sunlight , store in a cool dry place and keep out of reach of children.
Best Before: Shown on Package (END MM/YYYY)
此日期前最佳：見包裝上 (底 月月/年年)
- Do not exceed the recommended intake
- Women who are pregnant or planning a pregnancy should consult their doctor before taking supplements.
- This product should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet.
- Vitamin & mineral supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
- Do not use if cap seal is broken.
- Avoid sunlight , store in a cool dry place and keep out of reach of children.
- If you have any questions, please consult a health professional to confirm whether this health product is suitable for your needs.
This product is not registered under the Pharmacy and Poisons Ordinance or the Chinese Medicine Ordinance. Any claim made for it has not been subject to evaluation for such registration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease.