Utilizing 150 years of leadership and scientific research experience in infant nutrition, Nestlé Hong Kong is now launching a pediatric supplement- NANCARE® DHA & Vitamin D Drops. It is made in Italy and contains a unique Tri-Nutri Blend++ to give your babies developing health and growth an extra support!
Vitamin D is Essential for Breastfed Infants :
Breastmilk provides the best nutrition for babies. However, babies do not get much vitamin D from breastmilk, in particular, when their mothers have low vitamin D levels. Studies have shown that breast milk only meets about 5% of the daily vitamin D requirement of babies aged 0-12 months on average. Studies have also shown that the risk of vitamin D deficiency in breast-fed or mixed-fed babies is as high as 40 times.
Babies need 400 IU of vitamin D daily :
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends a daily vitamin D supplement of 400 IU for breastfed and mixed-fed infants. Nestle ® NANCARE ® Milk Extract Full Nutrients - Vitamin D & DHA Drops, support 100% of the baby's daily vitamin D requirement of 400 IU, and walk on the road to full breast milk with mothers.
Vitamin D is a crucial nutrient that promotes healthy bone development and maintains the normal functioning of the immune system. Nestlé® NANCARE® DHA & Vitamin D Drops provides 100% daily intake of vitamin D for infants.
DHA For Babies’ Healthy Brain and Visual Development :
The first year of life is extremely important for an infant’s brain and visual development. Omega-3 fatty acids (DHA) are the main components of brain cortex and retina, thus facilitating healthy visual and brain development. European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) recommends a daily intake of 100 mg of DHA for 0-2 years old, however the DHA content in natural lactating secretion is highly variable and depends on the mother's diet.
DHA in Nestlé® NANCARE® DHA & Vitamin D Drops is extracted from algae oil, therefore, it can be consumed by vegetarian babies. The recommended daily dosage provides 20 mg of DHA, supporting babies’ daily needs.
- Strengthen bone and tooth development
- Supports immunity
- Supports healthy brain and vision development
Use 8 drops per day. Shake well before each use
Turn bottle to a 45 degree angle to slowly form a drop.
Drops can be given on the breast, mixed with breastmilk or formula or by spoon.
Main Ingredients :
Algal oil (Schizochytrium sp.), high oleic sunflower oil, tocopherols, antioxidant (304), Vitamin D3
Contains soyabean products.
Product Specifications: 10 ml
Place of Origin: Italy
Distributed by: Biofarma SRL, Via Castelliere 2 – 33036 Mereto di Tomba (UD), Italy
Storage : Avoid sunlight , store in a cool dry place and keep out of reach of children.
Best Before: Shown on Package (YYYY/MM/DD)
- Store upright and with cap on.
- Do not exceed the recommended intake
- Women who are pregnant or planning a pregnancy should consult their doctor before taking supplements.
- This product should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet.
- Vitamin & mineral supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
- Do not use if cap seal is broken.
- Store at room temperature (max 25℃) in a dry, cool place. Avoid exposure to heat sources, direct sunlight or contact with water.
- Opened bottle should be consumed within 2 months
- Keep out of reach of children
- If you have any questions, please consult a health professional to confirm whether this health product is suitable for your needs.
This product is not registered under the Pharmacy and Poisons Ordinance or the Chinese Medicine Ordinance. Any claim made for it has not been subject to evaluation for such registration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease.